Unity of Wichita has been serving the Wichita community since 1936. Initially called Unity Center, meetings were held in private homes until 1938 when the group moved to the historic Eaton Hotel, meeting both on Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings, until 1946. The community then moved to a more private location at Victor Place until the sanctuary we now know as Unity of Wichita was built in 1954.
Charles Fillmore, co-founder of the Unity movement, lectured throughout the United States and Canada during his lecture circuit from 1936 to 1946. During this time-frame, Charles made 4 visits to Wichita, each time drawing a larger and larger audience. Charles lectured locally twice in 1938, again in 1942 and lastly during his final rounds of lectures in 1946.
Unity of Wichita has celebrated several periods of strong Unity spiritual leaders. Rev Carl Moran and his wife Lois served for over 30 years, Rev Marlyn White for 24 years, Rev Cynthia Lippert for 7 years, and Rev Tim Lytle for 8 years. This stability served to lay a sound foundation for the Unity teachings, steeped in the power of prayer and the power of our thoughts.