Join us on Sunday morning at 10am
Unity of Wichita Vision: We are centered in love, celebrating a spiritually awakening world.
Unity of Wichita Mission: We are a vibrant, diverse and inclusive community that inspires spiritual transformation through the wisdom and example of Jesus the Christ.
Unity of Wichita Core Values: We are loving, inclusive, empowering, accepting, compassionate and welcoming.
What We Believe
Five Basic Unity Principles
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth I know.
Unity of Wichita is a member of Unity Worldwide Ministries
Unity Worldwide Ministries is largest of the several organizations. It is part of the New Thought movement. It offers a liberal degree of freedom and belief among it’s members. Unity teaches what it terms “Practical Christianity”.
There are several practices within the New Thought tradition that have become synonymous with Unity. For example, Unity has long emphasized the form of prayer termed “entering the silence” which starts as a form of quiet inwardness. Charles Fillmore said:
“Set aside a time every day… and pray whether you believe or not… If you will persistently find Truth, even though you do not believe it at first, you will find that your prayers have power. Faith is like a mustard seed, and it will grow. Pray, pray, and keep praying; affirm, and yet affirm once more. Your persistent prayers will succeed.”